Form the Future has launched a Christmas fundraising appeal. We need to raise £20,000 so that we can inspire and guide even more young people towards the skilled jobs of the future.
- £5,000 could give 10 vulnerable young people access to a year-long mentoring programme to provide the additional support they need to succeed in school and plan for their futures
- £5,000 could give 100 young people a week’s work experience in a company that would otherwise be out of reach, and to obtain essential skills and experience to prepare for the world of work
- £5,000 could provide 140 children with one-to-one careers guidance, providing them with the information they’ll need to pursue a fulfilling career and support in making important choices at different stages of education and employment
- £5,000 could give 500 young people the chance to take part in an enterprise challenge, learning about business and developing essential teamwork, communication and leadership skills
Form the Future is the leading provider of careers inspiration to schools in Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire. We deliver the flagship Cambridge Launchpad programme for some of Cambridge’s largest and most significant employers, making STEM accessible to all.
Severely restricted school budgets make it very difficult for schools to buy in all the services we can provide. Greater Cambridge doesn’t attract the funding for careers support that other areas get. But a fast-growing region like this needs to develop the potential of every child, to build a skilled workforce for the future and ensure opportunities are evenly shared.
In just three years our careers, skills and STEM-related events, mentoring, volunteering, and work placements have:
- reached over 50,000 children in nearly 50 schools
- won the support of over 600 employers
- delivered one-to-one professional careers guidance to 234 students
Our goal is to provide career inspiration to every child, regardless of background.
- in a very wealthy region there are pockets of real deprivation – the gap between the richest and poorest is widening and social mobility is slowing
- Charities, community groups and social enterprises play a vital role in keeping the fabric of society together and ensuring that we minimise and heal the divisions. This is good for society and business alike
- getting young people into work and careers is vital to ensuring that today’s children are no worse off than their parents’ generation and can break out of inter-generational poverty where it persists
- At Form the Future we want to make sure that we are inspiring and empowering all children, particularly the most disadvantaged.
We are at an exciting moment in our history – after three tremendous years of success as a social enterprise, we are converting to a charity for the next step in our journey and developing new ways to engage our supporters. We are determined to play a significant role in shaping the future of young people across the region, but to make this change we need to raise £20,000 to ensure that we can continue to provide this essential service.
Tax efficient donations can be made through Global Giving.
Thank you to all those companies, organisations and individuals who have supported us in our first three years and thank you to everyone who donates through this campaign.