Responsible to: Reception Manager
Special requirements of the post.
Must have the ability to use own initiative, resourcefulness and able to work calmly in a pressured role.
The suitable candidate must have excellent communication skills and patience, as well as being hardworking, reliable, flexible and a team player.
They must observe strict confidentially on all matters relating to the practice, it’s patients; as well as colleagues.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and other visitors to the practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, including test results and explain procedures. Make new and follow on appointments with clinicians. Cancel appointments as necessary
- Using your own judgement and communication skills to ensure that patients with no prior appointment, but who need an urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are complete
- Receive and make telephone calls as promptly as possible. Divert calls and take messages (Tasks) ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits onto computer, print off home visit reports for GP and ensure careful recording of all relevant details
- Advise patients for private (non-general medical Services) service, accept payment and issue receipts
- Enter patient information on the computer as required
- Patient notes and correspondence
- Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- Ensure all records are kept in good repair and all necessary information on the outside is clearly visible
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer screen promptly and accurately
- Tidy the waiting room in turn with other reception staff
- Undertake any additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the partners or the Practice manager (list attached)
- Booking out of consulting rooms for visitors, GP and students
Employer: Royston Health Centre
Wage: £146.25 (Weekly)
Closing Date: 22nd Sep 2019
Possible Start Date: 9th Sep 2019
Expected Duration: 16 months