- The job role requires the accurate and efficient processing of client accounting information by using relevant software
- The role may also require early demonstration of thorough audit testing in a larger office
- The role holder normally will be supervised but as capability and experience should grow quickly, supervision will become more remote
- The role demands the ability to speak to colleagues, clients and other contacts in a mature and professional manner
- Take ownership of building and developing the research function across the practice.
- Continue to demonstrate capability in and understanding of, the principles of book-keeping and double entry
- Prove accounting competence by regular and repeat practice in the drafting of straightforward sole trader, partnership accounts and straight forward limited company accounts
- Prove able to undertake basic audit tests accurately under the guidance of an audit supervisor (where such assignments are available within the office).
- Check own work and correct obvious errors before handing work (accounts or audit) to a supervisor
- Display own understanding by asking appropriate and intelligent questions.
- Present the firm’s professional image to clients and demonstrate professional relations with clients
- Demonstrate professional colleague relations and join in with the office spirit.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the purpose of statutory accounting and audit work including compliance and legal requirements
Job Knowledge and Competence:
- Demonstrates a full competence in and understanding of, the principles of double entry book-keeping through a high standard of posting and reconciliation work
- Demonstrates a high standard of competence in drafting sole trader, partnership and straightforward limited company accounts tasks i.e. work is produced accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrates thoroughness in carrying out straight forward audit tests under supervision
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to required job procedures i.e. follows instructions from his/her supervisor and drafts work to required compliance and presentation standards
- Has proved IT capability using relevant accounting software correctly and effectively
- Takes instructions from supervisor, pays attention and retains guidance given
- Asks good, intelligent questions, checking and demonstrating understanding
Employer: PRICE BAILEY LLP
Wage: £18,000.00 (Annually)
Closing Date: 20th Jan 2020
Possible Start Date: 3rd Dec 2019
Expected Duration: 16 months