HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Preparing young people for life after school
Since the end of a funded careers service, schools have to source their own independent careers education, information advice and guidance. We support schools to meet Department for Education requirements, following the Gatsby benchmarks.
- Find people from business to inspire students about future careers
- Help students develop essential employability skills
- Provide local labour market trends and information
- Be a source of information on apprenticeships
- Link schools to resources in the community like enrichment opportunities, workplace visits, business support
- Arrange business partnerships. These match the school’s needs and the business’s objectives and capacity
- Support with work experience
- Offer a one to one mentoring programme.
Much of our work is funded through the Greater Cambridge City Deal Skills contract with Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership and part of the LEP’s Signpost 2 Skills but we offer some specific services to individual schools – like support with work experience and mentoring – and to independent schools for a fee.